Join us on Wednesday, 13 July (14:00-15:30 BST)
for History Day at DCDC22
History Day was created in 2014 to bring history collections closer to researchers of all kinds. After a successful first set of events at DCDC21 History Day returns to this year’s conference with a new and expanded programme.
Come along to the History Day exhibition area, where you can discover history collections from across the UK. Collections staff will showcase their collections on the virtual stands and be available to answer your questions and discuss your research or ideas for future projects. Throughout the fair, there will be a series of pop-up talks to help you discover new collections and projects to get involved in.
Students, academics, independent researchers and information professionals are all welcome.
- The History Day at DCDC22 event is free to attend and open to all.
- If you have already registered, or plan to register for DCDC22, then your ticket includes access to History Day and you do NOT need to register separately. If you wish to attend History Day only, and not the DCDC22 Conference, then please register via the link below.
- History Day at DCDC22 will be held on the SpatialChat platform. You can find out about browser compatibility here. We encourage those attending to try out SpatialChat in advance.
- Access to the virtual event space will be sent via email the day before the event. Delegates should ensure a correct email is given at registration, and should check junk folders if no email is received.
- Archives of IT
- Archives Portal Europe
- Armagh Observatory and Planetarium
- Bethlem Museum of the Mind
- Borthwick Institute for Archives
- CILIP Local Studies Group
- Dr Williams’s Library
- Guildhall Library
- History UK
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institute of Historical Research
- LSE Library
- Royal Irish Academy Library
- Linnean Society of London
- Marx Memorial Library
- Mass Observation Archive
- Museum of the Order of St. John
- National Science and Media Museum
- The Royal Society
- SOAS Library, University of London
- Senate House Library
- Society of Genealogists
- Zoological Society of London
- University of Leicester Library Archive and Special Collections
- London Metropolitan Archives
Learn more about History Day
History Day brings together students, researchers and anyone with an interest in history with professionals from archives, libraries, publishers and other organisations with history collections from the UK and beyond. It is a free event created collaboratively between the Institute of Historical Research and Senate House Library.
You can learn more about History Day on the History Collection website.
If you are an organisation interested in participating in History Day 2022, find out more about how to get involved.
If you want to receive updates on the latest news and announcements about History Day, subscribe to our mailing list.