Open, inclusive and collaborative in its ethos, the DCDC Conference brings together an unparalleled variety of experiences drawn from across the UK, Europe, and further afield. The conference has now become a well-established event on the cultural, heritage and academic calendars.
Each year DCDC brings together over 400 colleagues from across the archive, library, museum, heritage and academic sectors. We are proud that the conference appeals to delegates from all career stages, from established academics and practitioners, to those just starting out. Equality, diversity and inclusion have been prominent themes in recent conferences, and we wish to ensure that these values remain at the core of DCDC, and that we continue to include the widest range of voices, experiences and backgrounds in our discussions.
This year, we are delighted to offer two types of bursary:
1. Registration Bursaries (up to 50 available)
This bursary will cover the costs of online registration for DCDC21. A committee at The National Archives will select applicants based on the following criteria:
- reasons for wanting to attend DCDC21
- individual benefit
2. Expenses Bursaries (up to 10 available)
We recognise that conference attendance can incur additional costs for some of our delegates. The expenses bursaries are worth £300 to help cover these additional costs. You may apply to both the registration and expenses bursaries. We hope they will be useful to those with caring responsibilities, work commitments, or delegates who need extra support to attend a conference online. A committee at The National Archives will select applicants based on benefit to the individual, and how the bursaries would help applicants to attend. Priority may be given to early-career applicants or those presenting at the conference.
If you require further information about the bursary opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
** If you are applying for a bursary, please do NOT register for DCDC21 until you have been notified of the outcome of your application. **
- There are up to 10 expenses bursaries and 50 registration bursaries available.
- There are no geographical restrictions regarding who can apply. Bursaries are open to delegates at any career stage, whether they are attached to an institution or not. If you are attached to an institution/funder, we do ask that you explore funding with them first.
- All applications should be returned to email@example.com by 17.00 (BST) on 1 June 2021 – DEADLINE EXTENDED. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 7 June 2021.